Student Legal Service
The Student Legal Service is a confidential and free legal service available to all University of Tasmania (UTAS) students. It is supported by the Tasmanian University Student Association (TUSA) and Youth Law Australia.
The Student Legal Service can provide legal assistance to UTAS students in various areas of law, including:
- Minor criminal law matters
- University-related issues, such as disciplinary matters
- Abuse and harassment, including family violence and sexual harassment
- Student visa-related matters for international students
- Employment and workplace rights
- Housing and accommodation
- Credit and debt
- Consumer law
- Fines and accidents
To schedule a free appointment with the Student Legal Service, you can call (03) 7032 8200 during Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Student Legal Service is supported by volunteer law students at the University of Tasmania. However, your information will not be accessible to current students without your consent.