Student Legal Advice
The Student Legal Service is a free and confidential legal service for all University of Tasmania (UTAS) students, supported by the Tasmanian University Student Association (TUSA) and Youth Law Australia.
The Student Legal Service can provide legal help to any UTAS student in most areas of law including:
- Minor criminal law matters
- University issues, including disciplinary matters
- Abuse and harassment, including family violence and sexual harassment
- Issues connected with student visas for international students
- Employment and rights at work
- Housing and accommodation
- Credit and debt
- Consumer law
- Fines and accidents
To book your free appointment with the Student Legal Service call (03) 7032 8200 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) or email [email protected].
The Student Legal Service is assisted by volunteer law students at the University of Tasmania. However, current students will not have access to your information without your consent.