The Club is a mixed youth chorus that enjoys the challenges and rewards of a cappella singing through working, sharing and performing together.
The Club promotes a cappella singing in a wide range of genres including barbershop, contemporary, gospel, doo-wop, jazz, and world.
The Club is open to enrolled UTAS students, as well as associate members 16 to 30 years of age.
Musical director is Aaron Powell. Aaron has worked with choirs and musicals for over a decade. He is also an accompanist, teacher and vocal coach. Currently he’s musical director of acclaimed Hobart ensembles
– Thylasing and Young Voices Hobart.
Rehearsals and Performance
- A ten week block each semester with an end performance.
- Music charts and learning tracks provided
- Venue – Elizabeth College H Block (off Warwick Street)
- Wednesday 6.00 pm to 7.15 pm Workshops
- In addition to weekly rehearsals, during each semester members will have access to a free workshop led by visiting vocal coach Jonathan Bligh. Subscription
- You may join for one semester or two.
- Subscription is $50 for both semesters or $25 for a single semester.